Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dining Mishaps

Dave & I went to dinner Friday night at the Macaroni Grill. We enjoyed a fabulous meal of penned rustica and lobster ravioli. Towards the end of our meal, the waiter returned to our table to ask if we would like dessert. Dave asked what was on the dessert menu. The waiter ran down the list and Dave decided the cheesecake sounded good. So he asked the waiter, "Do you have cherries to go with that cheesecake?" The waiter answers with a resounding, "Yes, we sure do." Dave decided that the cheesecake sounded great and asks the waiter to bring some out. Now what picture does that conjure up in your mind? A beautiful cheesecake with cherries and sauce. No! What the waiter brought us was a beautiful cheesecake with an accompanying bowl of marichino cherries! We laughed and laughed. It was not quite what we had in mind! And as soon as I can figure out how to get the picture we took of it off my e-mail and onto my computer I will download the picture!

3 comments:

Ellis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellis Family said...

That is better than the time I ordered a slice of cheesecake for dessert. I was with a large group of friends and we had all just finished a big meal. We were planning to take our desserts home and watch a football game. Everyone else received their orders except for me. The waitress assured me that my order it was on its way. Twenty minutes later she comes out with a CHEESE STEAK dinner. We laughed so hard! I can't wait to see your picture.

Doug

The Mercer Family said...

That's hilarious! hehe Talk about mis-communication! But who knows...maybe that's how he eats his cheesecake at home! :) I can't believe your story Cath- I don't know what on earth your server was thinkin'! lol